Every state has some uniqueness of its own. Chhattisgarh too happens to be one of the unique states in India. If you love admiring palaces, history and landscapes, then this place is perfect for your next trip. There is a lot that Chhattisgarh has in store for tourists. You will see serene waterfalls, caves, incredible landscapes and so much more. Keep on reading if you want to know about some of the places you cannot miss when in Chhattisgarh: –
1. Chitrakot Waterfall: – India’s Niagara falls is situated in Jagdalpur in Chhattisgarh. These waterfalls are one of a kind and the width is 1000 feet approx. It stands 96 ft. in height and looks a lot like a horse shoe. You can explore the forest area around these falls and have a relaxing time enjoying the incredible views.
2. Kawardha Palace: – This gorgeous palace is located at 941 meters above water level which is stunning. The Kawardha palace is spread over 11 acres of land, which makes it a massive palace. It was built in the 1930s and is a glorious example of the heritage in this state. You can also stay in the palace as it is a heritage hotel.
3. Achanakumar Wildlife Sanctuary: – This sanctuary was made in 1975 and is quite close to Bilaspur. You will spot several wild animals in the forest here like leopard, tiger, hyena, bears, bison, sambar, and many others. If you want a good look at the animals then watchtowers is the best way to see them.
4. Kailash and Kotumsar Caves: – These famous caves are located close to the Tiratgarh Waterfalls. This is the 2nd longest natural caves across the world and it is easy to get lost inside this place. Beyond a certain limit, there is no availability of oxygen, so stay in the limited area when you visit this place. This cave was founded in 1993 and is located on a tiny hill.
5. Baster Palace: – This is an ancient palace which was built when the Bastar kings were residing in Jagdalpur. The rich architecture and detailing of the palace will astonish you.
6. Gadiya Mountain: – When you are in Chhattisgarh, you surely do not want to miss this site. This is the highest mountain range in Kanker and is captivating. There was a cave also found in the mountains, which was the hide out place during war. The southern part of this mountain has yet another cave called Jogi Gufa. There is a water tank placed there which hasn’t dried!
Chhattisgarh might not seem like the perfect touring spot, but once you research and visit the place, you will realize how gorgeous it is. The state has the perfect combination of waterfalls, palaces, temples and ancient monuments. If you love all of these things then book your train tickets and train food right away.