Whenever we buy a new car we always seem to have every good intention in the book, of keeping it clean, tidy and spotless. But day to day living, grubby little hand marks from the kids, as well as mud and sand from shoes always seem to take over. With the busy lives that we lead, cleaning the car ourselves has become a chore for many. Let’s face it we would rather spend our Sundays getting messy and grubby and having fun with the kids and all end to opt for quality family time, rather than cleaning and polishing time.
But without regular washing and waxing, what could be just a quick wash and go tends to need further inspection and a deeper clean. So what happens to a cars exterior that isn’t cleaned properly?
- Paintwork becomes oxidized and stained without regular care and becomes more dull and flat, making it more difficult to clean.
- Dirt on the roads contains salt and pollutants which cling to the paintwork and will attack it, causing potential erosion.
- Some of the harmful contaminants found in roadside gunge can actually eat through some paintwork.
- Spillages on the roads are one of the main causes of erosion as they attack not just the paintwork but the metal work too. This will only lead to the onset of rust.
- If your car as nicks, chips, scuffs and scratches, however minor, leaving it unwashed will only lead to further corrosion, as the dirt nestles into the cracks and has a party with the paintwork.
So what does a Professional Valet do to counteract these Problems?
- A specialist would after deeply cleaning your car, provide it with a protective coating, not only on the paintwork but on the seats, carpets and windows too. Rain and mist is repellent if your windows are coated, so they will look shinier for longer.
- This makes your car easier for you to clean in between coming for a valet service. The protective coating keeps the paintwork clean meaning that your car will still look shiny after a wash and lather.
- A valet will get rid of the build-up of dirt caused by the roads, oily films appear which can be eradicated with a specialist car cleaning chemicals and pressure washes.
- Removing dirt keeps the wear and tear on your car to a minimum, thus retaining value.
- Winter months are the most damaging, so now is the time to get it ready for the onslaught of dirty weather. Get paint work repaired and protected and a thick coat of wax applied.
- Spring is then the time to get rid of the winter grime and buff it up for the shiny summer months. Any damage caused by the harshness of winter can be repaired at this time.
- The sun can cause damage too, with high temperatures it can burn through the wax leaving the vehicle open to UV damage.
So take our advise, don’t put of getting your car cleaned today!
Harry Price is a Freelance writer from the south coast, who lives with his wife and 3 mad cocker spaniels. He loves to be outdoors and is also doing something active – anything from running to sailing.