Nashik is considered a holy city because of the connections it has in the Ramayana. This holy land is quite a popular weekend getaway for locals in Mumbai, and you will also see tons of tourists here due to the diverse variety of spots in this city. Nashik is also well-known for the Kumbh Mela they hold, and it has several important temples plus an exciting vineyard! So, whether you are 20, 40 or 60, you will enjoy your time at this place. Here is a list of spots you should visit while in Nashik…
- Trimbakeshwar Temple – This popular temple was made by Peshwa Balaji Baji Rao, and if you follow Lord Shiva, then you should go here. There are some gorgeous idols of God Shiva that are truly divine. There is also a pond around the temple, which is said to be holy. It is the water from River Godavari. The rich architecture will captivate you and the stunning views too.
- Sula Vineyards – Sula Vineyards have become a popular spot for photoshoots and celebrations. This is the first commercial 160 acres vineyard in a valley. You will find some of the most delicious and fresh wine here. You can also go for wine tasting here and have a lovely weekend. The area looks beautiful, and if you are a photographer, then this is paradise.
- Pandavleni Caves –These caves are said to be found in the 2nd century BC. It dates back way far in history, and there is a gathering of 24 caves together through this one cave. You will be shocked to see that these caves are probably endless! The cave has some stunning carvings, which represent the old world architecture skills. Make sure you research well before you go here because after a certain point, you are not allowed to go further.
- Anjaneri Mountains – These beautiful mountains have a special place in the epic Indian Mythology Ramayana. It is said that this is where God Hanuman was born. There is a holy temple on this mountain, which is devoted to Hanuman and several devotees visit this place often. You might have to trek a little to reach the hilltop, but it is totally worth it. If you love Lord Hanuman and adventure, then this is the right place for you.
- Ramkund – This pond is extremely valuable because it is supposed to be the water where Lord Rama took baths during the time of his exile. The holy water is blessed with his powers and people often come here to take a dip due to the significance. Other than being an important part of the Indian mythology, the river Godavari changes its course at a ninety degree angle from this very pond. So there are tons of good things attached to this pond which is why it is incredible!
So, what are you waiting for? Book your tickets and don’t forget to advance book for food delivery in Nasik road station for the journey.