Isn’t it frustrating to have a leaky faucet in the kitchen or your bathroom? Well, it surely can be annoying for any resident. Not only is it irritating, but it can also lead to bigger issues if nor repaired in time. This is why it is important to fix it before the problem goes out of hands. While it is recommended to take a professional’s help but you can also try to do it yourself with the tips mentioned below.
To repair the leaky faucet by yourself, you shall need a few tools. The first one which you need to have is the adjustable wrench. A flat head screwdriver, O-rings, penetrating oil and replacement washers are the other things which you shall need.
Now that you have all these tools with you, let’s get to the job of repairing the faucet.
1. Shut off the water supply: How would it feel if you are trying to repair the leaky faucet and the water still keeps dripping? The reason behind this might be that you have forgotten to shut the water supply. Make sure that you have shut off all the taps, including the ones which are underneath the sink or the tap. Once you have done this, you can move ahead to the next step.
2. Remove the faucet handle: The handle is mounted on the stem with the help of a screw. You can remove the screw and then the handle with the flat head screwdriver. You can loosen it by using the penetrating oil. This will help you to remove the faucet from the stem.
3. Time to use the wrench: The wrench has to be used to loosen the packing net. This will enable you to see the stem. Once you see the stem, you can remove it. After the stem has been removed, you can check it for any damages or wear offs.
4. Check the O-rings and the washer: Inspecting the O-ring is also important, and the washer is also a crucial part. Replace the washer with a new one. When replacing the O-ring, it is important that you get the appropriate size.
5. Reassemble: After the O-ring and washer have been replaced, you can start reassembling. Once this is done, check the tap to see if the leakage has stopped or it is still continuing.
These are five simple steps to fix that leaky faucet by yourself. If you do not find time to fix it or are can’t find the fault, you can call the plumbing service in Tucson to get the job done for you. The companies are extremely professional in their work and are the best options for those people who are working. Their numbers are available on the websites which you can find easily. So book an appointment and take care of the leakage problems at the earliest.