The floral designers can do much more than just supplying the bouquet of flowers, especially at the wedding event. They contribute greatly to creating the look and the mood as well of the wedding ceremony while using centrepieces and other table decorations for the reception. They are even expert in decorating surrounding ambience for the wedding party and some of them even work with the cake designers for providing rich embellishments.
As a result, if you too are planning to hire a floral designer cum florist for your wedding event or your close one’s wedding event, it is necessary you choose the right florist at the right time. Booking a florist prior can help you for making the necessary arrangements for the big day. Besides that, you need to book the wedding venue as well so that the floral designer can have a look at your site and determine its needs.
But still, here the main question arises- where to start from? Whether to decorate the venue by complementing the existing garden or to design the venue on a particular theme. Also, the wedding bouquet must complement with the wedding dress that the bride would be wearing on her wedding. Besides these, there are a number of questions that you need to ask your wedding florist before finalizing them. So in order to help you out, London florists are listing below some of the major questions to ask before finalizing a wedding florist. Have a look at those questions:
- Will they be able to handle your requirements on the big day?
- How many other wedding events are they going to organize on the same day?
- Have they ever scheduled any event at the same venue? If not then do they require a visit to the site or they are familiar with the site.
- How many other weddings have they done and what design styles they are familiar with?
- Can they provide you the portfolio or contact details of 3-4 recent brides for references?
Flower related Questions:
- What type of flowers are available in the season for the month that you are getting married?
- Is there any cost difference in one type of floral arrangement v/s mixed floral arrangement?
- Can they personalize the bouquet as per the needs of the customer? Or can they prepare a bouquet exactly as the picture we provide to the florist?
- Will they provide you with any pesticide free, organic or sustainably grown varieties on special request?
- Can they assist with the preservation of the wedding bouquet?
Cost related Questions:
- Do they charge delivery for free?
- Do they charge extra for the setup and breakdown as well of the floral decor?
- Do they have any hidden costs related to the wedding floral arrangement?
- Is there any extra charges if you request them to stay throughout the wedding ceremony and ask them to move the arrangements to the reception site.
Contract related Questions:
- How far in advance should the customer need to secure their services? Also, what deposit amount one needs to secure for the wedding date?
- When can you expect to receive a contract from the florist?
- What is the refund policy in case if the order is cancelled?
Thus, the above-listed were some of the most important questions that one should ask local wedding florist before finalizing a one. Besides these questions, there are many other questions that one could ask as per their needs and requirements. Just ensure that you finalize the best florist for your big day.