A lot of people tend to choose hardwood for their home flooring. This is hardly a new trend, as people have used hardwood flooring for centuries. It remains an extremely popular choice because it offers so many attractive benefits.
- There’s really no denying the beauty of hardwood flooring. It makes your home seem more elegant, but it also offers a kind of warmth that makes the home a lot more inviting. It can even make it seem like the house is bigger. Part of the appeal of hardwood is the patterns don’t boringly repeat themselves. You have swirls and shades of color that change unexpectedly, and they lend character to the home.
- Style versatility. There are a lot of hardwood options to choose from, so you have a wide range of looks, colors, and finishes that can match your preferences. What’s more, a lot of hardwood floors tend to look nice with almost any type of décor. Whether your home has a rustic vibe or you’re angling for a more industrial look, the hardwood doesn’t look out of place. The look of hardwood doesn’t go out of style either. While other trends come and go, hardwood is a style that’s always highly regarded.
- All you really need to do is to sweep, vacuum, and dry mop the floor once a week. You only need deep cleaning for hardwood about once a year. Even when you spill something on the floor, you just have to wipe it up. It’s really stain-resistant.
- This makes it a cost-effective option. It takes a lot to even dent or scratch hardwood floors. Even if you get a scratch or a dent, some spot cleaning can take care of the problem easily. Or you can just refinish them if the damage is serious. You don’t have to replace the hardwood for a very long time, as its colors don’t fade at all.
- That’s because the hardwood doesn’t trap allergens such as pollen, animal dander, or dust. Hardwood is your best flooring option if you’re worried about allergies because it actually improves air quality in the home.
- For musical families with lots of people playing the piano or guitar, hardwood flooring is virtually a necessity. The hardwood reduces vibrations and hollow sounds that can mar the quality of the music. But you don’t have to be musical to appreciate better acoustics. It also benefits those who like to listen to high quality stereo equipment, as well as those who enjoy premium sound with their home theater setup.
- Eco-Friendly. It’s a sustainable resource because trees grow back. Some materials even grow back very quickly, such as bamboo. You don’t have to feel guilty about falling trees since many companies offer hardwood from ecologically responsible sources.
- Added Value. Not only is hardwood flooring cost-effective but also you can consider it a kind of investment. It’s so beautiful and so beneficial that people tend to pay more for a home with hardwood floors. The look makes a home more inviting, so it feels like the home is calling to these home buyers. It’s easy to appreciate its beauty, and many families also like how it’s easy to clean and how it doesn’t upset those with allergies.
Very few people have chosen hardwood flooring and ended up regretting the choice. Try it, and you’ll thank yourself for making the right choice for many years to come.