Headstone inscriptions are a vital way of reconnecting with our near and dear ones who have ceased to exist in our world. These are engravings on a stone that state their accomplishments or facts about them when they were alive. These are fond memories of a person after death which makes the person stay forever. Any memorial service can never be finished without an apt headstone inscription. There are also memorial gravestones that are inscribed with details of the deceased and their date of birth, occupation and accomplishments etc.
Headstone Inscriptions simply consists of short phrases such as:
- “Treasured memory of ….”
- ‘In Fond memory of…”
- “Cherished Memories of ….”
- “With love it is remembered…”
- “Rest in peace”
- “Loved Forever”
- “Forever in Our hearts”
- In addition to the above inscriptions there are also poems or short additions done to the above mentioned phrases. Some people include heart touching verses from Holy Scriptures and even lyrics from their favorite songs.
- There are headstone inscriptions that have a short epitaph written about the person who passed away to celebrate the joyous life that they lived and made everyone around them happy. In commemoration of the life that these wonderful souls led, such epitaphs are dedicated.
- Inscriptions on grave markers can feature words of love or comfort. They can be full of memorial sentiments and you can also have your loved one’s favorite quote, saying or any catch phrase inscribed on the respective headstone to mark the memorial of the person.
Tips to select the right Headstone Inscriptions: There are many ways of marking the death and remembrance of your loved ones after their death. One of the ways is such inscriptions on headstones. These have to be absolutely apt for the occasion otherwise their whole purpose is defeated. Some of the easy ways to select these are:
- Verse ideas – There are online sites that cater to providing verse ideas for headstone inscriptions. These can be looked at and the right one can be decided straight away without much ado.
- There are services that cater to the memorial service of a deceased person and these services look after the coffin requirements and more importantly the headstone needs requirements. The font, the paint, the color and the texture of the headstone is also looked after in a very intricate manner. All these contribute to the overall effect and the message that has to be inscribed on the headstone.
- Headstones Epitaphs – Epitaphs are usually short. They are precise. Websites give you an idea of the epitaphs and the style of inscription on a headstone to mark a memorial service. There are also agencies that look at such epitaphs. These are usually listed in directories. All that you need to do is to give them a ring and your requirements will be taken care of. Headstone epitaphs need to be delicately handled as sometimes these are direct prose from the Bible or these are short and concise lines about a near and dear one. Hence, always go for a headstone inscription that is not too loud or brash.
- Most of the online websites and agencies have a list of their Gravestone Inscriptions to choose from. Some have online brochures effectively catering to the needs. Some of them display headstones such as Irish Headstones, Grave markers, Rustic Headstones, Children’s Headstones, Traditional and Ethnic Headstones and Book Headstones. These give you an idea of what exactly suits your requirement. These online sites ask some basic details such as your name and contact numbers. On filling up this vital information, their contact person gets in touch with you to take matters forward.
Show your love to your dear ones with the perfect Headstone Inscriptions by engraving different forms.
(Visited 130 times, 1 visits today)