A kurti is a traditional piece of Indian clothing, which is now being worn throughout the world. Kurtis are known to be classy and elegant and they are very easy to style. In addition to this, they provide the essential comfort to the wearer.
You can find them in a variety of styles. You can also find them at any fashion store. Kurtis have evolved over the years and are being increasingly worn by every woman. That is why, in this article, we will be talking about the why Kurtis are so popular these days and how you can style them.
What is so great about Kurtis?
Kurtis are being worn by most of the women throughout the world. Be it a casual occasion or a formal, Kurtis can be styled for any occasion. Here are some of the reasons why women love wearing Kurtis –
- They are popular worldwide – Kurtis are popular worldwide. From a young girl to an adult woman, everyone loves wearing kurti. They provide the required Indian-ness to your outfit with comfort.
- Affordable – Kurtis are quite affordable and can be bought by anyone. They are slightly less expensive than a saree or even a salwar kameez. However, it does depend on the material. While cotton kurtis are much less expensive, silk or chanderi, kurtis are more expensive.
- Embroidered or printed – Kurtis are available in a variety of styles. The most common ones are embroidered or the printed ones. Embroidered ones can be worn at a formal event or a party, whereas the printed ones are mostly worn at casual events or everyday wear.
- Jewellery is not at all essential – You may or may not pair it with jewellery. Kurtis are enough to provide you with the essential elegance.
How to Style kurtis?
Kurtis can be styled with anything because of its versatility. Here are some latest ethnic kurtis designs –
- Collared designer kurti – Gone are the days, when kurtis used to have a simple circular neck. These days, you can have collared kurtis that adds a significant amount of elegance to your outfit.
- Embroidered kurtis – They are the most common ones. There are numerous embroidery patterns available including glittery work, zardosi, phul-kari, mirror work, chikan-kari etc.
- Patch work or cut work – Patchwork has been used in the fashion industry since ages. Kurtis with intricate patchwork are elegant and stylish. Cutwork also adds an element of style to the kurtis.
- Embellished kurtis – These kurtis are beautified by adding various embellishments on different areas. Embellishments like beads, shells, stones, mirrors etc. are used. These kurtis are mostly worn at ceremonial events.
- Jacket kurtis – They are the latest ones. These kurtis have an embroidered or embellished jacket attached or not attached to the kurti.
- Stylish necklines – These kurtis have an attractive and a different neckline. They are available in a wide variety.
You can also have a distinct combination by wearing a plain kurti with designer bottoms like leggings or salwar. Designer bottoms comes in a variety of designs like embellished leggings, printed salwar, and embroidered leggings. Designer bottoms will make your outfit more elegant.